Friends of the UCLA Labor Center
As a Friend of the Labor Center, you support the UCLA Labor Center in recruiting and training a new generation of labor and social-justice leaders.
Every year, the Labor Center places three hundred student interns with some of the most dynamic labor and community organizations in Los Angeles and throughout the country. The Labor Summer Research Internship Program, Student Leadership Academy, Dream Summer Internship Program, and service-learning and field research placements prepare our young people to assume leadership in labor and community organizations. The student leaders who graduate from these programs give us tremendous confidence that our future is in good hands.
Former UCLA Labor Center interns:
- successfully organized the first two union car washes in Los Angeles;
- spearheaded the Dream Summer internship program, placing more hundreds of
Dream Act students with labor and community organizations across the country;
- helped to launch the city’s first Black Worker Center;
- advocated for construction careers and green jobs in the building trades;
- and developed strong alliances between unions and worker centers to
support economic justice.
Become a Friend of the UCLA Labor Center!